Time-lapse device for NEX 5

Started May 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
macsoft
Regular MemberPosts: 236
Like?
DONE! behold: TEMPUS NEX, Remote Time-Lapse :)
In reply to macsoft, May 20, 2011

First fully-functional prototype is done!

Behold TempusNEX Remote Time-Lapse !

i'll be doing a full post soon with funtionalitys and videos of it working, or let a friend a mind review it here (is has got it for 2 days for testing with is NEX).
here's is a quick pic:

I wanted to be easy to use!
No need to open case to change settings.

Its got an:

• 10 METER RANGE!

-ON/OFF switch in the back;
-a press-button to choose mode;
-a potentiometer dial knob for choosing lenght of time in each mode;
-an IR led for emitting signals
-and a blue LED for visual feedback of operations.

You got 4 modes:
Quick mode: - this is the fastest way of getting it going.

• just press the MODE button before switching it ON.

• turn the remote ON without releasing the mode button. The time you keep the mode button pressed, is the time you want between the shots!

• Release mode button. You now have got 4 seconds of quick flashing LED for placing the remote pointing the camera, and get out of the frame, before time lapsed photography starts.

MODE 1: - 1 to 10 seconds delay.

• Switch the remote ON.

• rotate the dial knob choosing the value of time-lapsed delay: 1 to 10 seconds on this mode.

• press the mode button ONCE. The LED will falsh once, to show you have selected MODE 1. You now have got 4 seconds of quick flashing LED for placing the remote pointing the camera, and get out of the frame, before time lapsed photography starts.

MODE 2: - 10 to 60 seconds delay.

• same as above, just press MODE button 2 times, and LED will flash 2 times showing you MODE 2 is selected.

MODE 3: - 1 to 30 minutes delay.

• same as above, just press MODE button 3 times, and LED will flash 3 times showing you MODE 3 is selected.

It works with 2xCR2025.
Its firmware upgradable.

THAT'S IT!

I'm working on a mechanical version (with a servo arm) for the NEX3 now (or any other camera with no IR).
And I will do remote versions for Canon an Nikon cameras too.
Wait for the movies
--
byMaC

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow