What Brand Are You Switching To Now??

Started May 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
Ben Ramsey
Forum MemberPosts: 83
Like?
Re: Yes!
In reply to Mostly Lurking, May 20, 2011

Mostly Lurking wrote:

How silly it seems to be to sell your Ford because you can't afford a Lincoln!

Sorry to say, but that is a terrible analogy from so many different sides. I will only address the fact that if I am a Sigma user and my my camera quits on me, or I require an upgrade, I have nothing available new but a $9700 camera which I can't justify or afford. Thus all my SA mount lenses,which are most likely my greatest investment in the system, are worthless to me except in what must be a plummeting resale value. I will then scramble to sell before the mount is utterly defunct and I can no longer get anything resembling a reasonable price. Of course I could sit on my lenses for another three years hoping the price of an SD1 will fall into my price range, assuming they are still available new, or I could wait some more and try to find one of the three cameras that were sold worldwide, and buy at used prices. If no one buys, and I can't imagine who will, this really may be the end of the of the SA mount.

If my car needs to be replaced, I get another of the numerous Fords or one from any other manufacturer. There is nothing comparable to an investment in lenses and no carryover from one vehicle to the next except perhaps the media I like to use.

I had serious thoughts about selling all my Canon gear and picking up an SD1 and some nice lenses, but barring a major price revision, I just don't see that happening now.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow