Started May 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
scubasteve03
Regular MemberPosts: 457Gear list
Like?
Affordable battery packs for Elinchrom D-Lite4 's
May 20, 2011

I am looking to buy my first set of strobes. So far I have done all lighting with 580EX II's and 430EX II's. I primarily shoot portraits of all types. I am about to pull the trigger on a set of Elinchrom D-Lite4's from Adorama. Here is the set I am looking at.

http://www.adorama.com/EL20815KIT.html?emailprice=t&utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Email051311WeddingLP&utm_source=ET

Anyhow, the reason for the post is I cannot find any battery packs that are going to be in my price range. Everything I can find costs close to $1500. Are there other alternatives to power these guys than just the Elinchrom brand battery packs? Can you mix other brands with these lights? I was originally going to go with Alien Bees with the mini packs. They were much more affordable, but I want a little higher quality lighting with better color consistency. Any advice would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.
Stephen

scubasteve03's gear list:scubasteve03's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow