Started May 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 27,571Gear list
Like?
LOL!
In reply to jppentax, May 19, 2011

jppentax wrote:

Whats the point of these photos?

LOL! If you have to ask, the answer may not make sense anyway. Interests vary widely.

Yet - those with some connection to the outdoors often find capturing wildlife suits their interest. It's not easy to get a good clean image that's close enough to show detail. With birds, being able to get the eyes and the refined feather detail crisply in focus is the challenge.

A chance encounter here (I"m presuming), and if nothing else a good documentary image of that species nesting. Generally speaking, a subject might have been done hundreds of times, and often better, but not by me, and I'd love the opportunity to see if I could obtain a Nat. Geo. caliber presentation out of it, for the challenge (do I have the chops?). One of the facets this challenge presents, especially with a somewhat captive wild subject, is not to disturb or stress the subject in the process.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC

'Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't.' - Little Big Man

http://www.bobtullis.com

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow