Olympus's 2011 Full Year results is out

Started May 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
Rriley
Forum ProPosts: 21,845Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus should have been more loyal to their customers
In reply to Fox328, May 19, 2011

Fox328 wrote:

I really think they would be better of when they had made a succesor for the E-620, but they didn't.

I don't think it would make sense to come back at their decision not to make a succesor because they alienated a lot of their loyal customers and they won't come back.

I've bought the E-620 because of the lack of an succesor and will definitely not buy a new Olympus dslr, but will enjoy using the ones i already have :-).

they cant compete on price, they just go broke trying, low end cameras are cameras designed to compete on price
so they have to market cameras consummate to a higher price bracket,

the 'let-down' for 620 is the size of the OVF, the rest of the SLR makers have long ago moved on to larger OVFs

I think ideally just an upgrade to E30 with sealing would have done it, as it takes out semi-pro and enthusiast brackets, and the price isnt so foreboding. But it seems that they are bent on keeping to existing mouldings of existing bodies which is appellant to the new world order of holding down costs

-- hide signature --

Riley

any similarity to persons living or dead is coincidental and unintended

Rriley's gear list:Rriley's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus E-M1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow