I sunk my E-1 and 14-54 mk1 in the swimming pool , and .....

Started May 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rudik
New MemberPosts: 20Gear list
Like?
I sunk my E-1 and 14-54 mk1 in the swimming pool , and .....
May 19, 2011

It was a little bit showering when we were in open air swimming pool with my lovely doughters. I know, the little one is not really like to sink her head into the water as she never try to swim seriously unless just playing in the water. But what a suprise when I saw her try to swim and sinking her head for the first time. My wife was not with us to swim. I want to show her a big change just happened to our little girls. I shot one or two from edge pool, and I was not satisfy and need more evidence to show their mom.

I do not know why, just suddenly thinking to sink my E-1 with 14-54 MK1 into the water and shot my daughter while she was swimming. I know it was a horrible thing to do as never experience to treat my camera like that. I got used camera as well as the lens and no idea the history. Ok, I though it would be died if fail but great if it is done.

And I started to sink all front lens of 14-54 mk1 until half of body at the end and the E-1 body was sunk 1/3rd. I let the shutter above the pool to avoid any problem as it works mechanically up and down when I press it.

Surprise. I could see the picture clearly. All done well. No problem either the lens or camera. I continued to shoot some. And I tried to shoot normally, and both the result clear. I still use this camera until now.

The picture show you when my daughter was swimming and after swimming. All with ISO 800, no post processing. All straight out of camera.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow