Epson P-7000

Started May 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
RobertBarnett
Senior MemberPosts: 1,402Gear list
Like?
Re: Epson P-7000
In reply to jamielebeau, May 18, 2011

It isn't a raw processor it brings in the JPEG previews from the raw files and shows that. If you edit in an App you are editing that JPEG preview. Right now at least I don't think the iPad is powerful enough nor have enough internal memory (not the 64GB storage memory, but CPU/Processing RAM) to handle RAW. But, it works great if all you need to see is the JPEG preview or if you shoot JPEG.

Using Photo using the Photosmith App ($16.99) you can manage your images, tag them with titles, keywords, color codes, star ratings and more and then import them from the iPad right in to Lightroom with all of that data and this DOES work with the RAW image (though the App shows the JPEG previews on the iPad, but it is the RAW or JPEG images and even video (which the App doesn't show) that transfers to your computer and in to Lightroom. It works great with with Sony A55 and the makers of the App have been very responsive and quick with updates and fixes.

So far I am pretty darn happy, this is what I bought the iPad 2 for. I got the 3G model, though I haven't signed up for 3G service yet (you don't have to until you want it and it is a month to month so you contract) so if I wanted to I could upload images to my SmugMug account out on the road (again, these would be the JPEG previews which is fine since most Photo sites only work with JPEGs anyways.)

Robert
--

The hardest thing about Photography is choosing a camera! After that it is all fun!

RobertBarnett's gear list:RobertBarnett's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony DT 30mm F2.8 Macro SAM Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow