Epson P-7000

Started May 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
RobertBarnett
Senior MemberPosts: 1,402Gear list
Like?
Re: Epson P-7000
In reply to jamielebeau, May 17, 2011

It isn't defective. Way over price and very limited in what it can do for that money, but not defective. It is also an old item (meaning it came out sometime ago.)

Myself I am using an iPad 2 and love it for off loading images and then syncing them to Lightroom. For the money (about the same as the 7000) it does a lot more too. However, the killer problem and one that can't be worked around at least not cheaply and easily is the 64GB of memory. If you as you said do weddings or fashion shoots or something where you are shooting large numbers of high resolution RAW images 64GB goes quick. If they have a 128 or 256GB one for the same price the iPad would be the perfect photographer's buddy. Until then if you need to look at images on the road I would look at a Macbook Air or a Netbook if size is important. Netbook if size and price is important.

My complaint about PC based Netbooks and notebooks is that they are stagnant is their innovation. By now they should have had touch screens, been even smaller and so much more.

Robert
--

The hardest thing about Photography is choosing a camera! After that it is all fun!

RobertBarnett's gear list:RobertBarnett's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony DT 30mm F2.8 Macro SAM Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow