ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Green Earth
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Recommendation for Enthusiast/Compact High-end Cameras
May 17, 2011

Hi,

I’m looking for some recommendation on compact high-end digital cameras that can also be used for shooting videos. Here are some high level usage/requirements I have if that helps with the recommendation:

1. I want something compact that I can carry on my laptop bag all the time. I had a DSLR before, but it was unused most of the time. Then I moved into point and shoot, but that is missing some of the controls I need, especially for video.

2. I’m looking for something that produces high quality video and probably gives me some control such as being able to zoom/focus while shooting video. I go to remote places to shoot pictures and videos for a non-profit and cannot carry two cameras. So looking for something that can cover both.

Based on reading reviews here, here are some of the candidates I came up with. I’d appreciate it if you could share your recommendation. If I haven’t looked into any specific camera that will meet my criteria, please mention that too.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2

Panasonic Lumix LX5

Canon S95

Panasonic DMC-GH2

Sony Alpha NEX-3/NEX-5

Olympus E-PL2

Canon Powershot G12

Also, if there are any deals on any of these, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow