Third Party Batteries and Battery Grip for D7000

Started May 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
hiro_pro
Regular MemberPosts: 236Gear list
Like?
Re: Third Party Batteries and Battery Grip for D7000
In reply to monkeyrpn, May 16, 2011

For years i bought generic batteries for a number of coolpix and dslr cameras. Here is what i learned:

1. it is a real crap shoot. some generic batteries work better than others. price or brand are not necessarily good predictors.
2. none of them have them same capacity as the nikon battery

3. the generic batteries rarely last more than a few years. the nikon batteries last at least five years. the longer you own the generics the lower their capacity relative to the nikon batteries.

4. dollar for shutter release nikon batteries are a lot cheaper than generics when you factor in the longer life and higher capacity.

When you include the cost of the camera and battery and look at the potential savings with generic batteries it just is not worth it. Until someone post definitive proof otherwise i will never purchase another generic lithium battery.

-- hide signature --

d7000
tamron 17-50 f2.8
sigma 70-200 f2.8

hiro_pro's gear list:hiro_pro's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow