cleaning your sensor with Scotch Magic tape (green package)

Started May 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
Schwany
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,734Gear list
Like?
Yes well
In reply to kaybsteve, May 16, 2011

I'm sure an internet search on jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge would turn up some results recommending it as a good logical idea too. Just saying

When I did a liquid sensor clean, I made my own tools to do it. Pecpad or whatever they are called has a plastic applicator stick. I made one out of wood. I cut some standard pre-moistened lens cleaning material folded it over the end of the stick, taped it up high so it wouldn't come off, and did a couple of swabs over the sensor. Worked great and saved me about $80. The little bit of liquid on the lens cleaner material dries clean and does not streak. It's not a slurry. The material feels nearly dry.

I don't know how one would get tape into the camera to lay over the sensor in the first place. It would probably mess up the mirror box.

Good luck

new_newbie wrote:

hmm..advice taken. i've read and seen before after pics and seems great..but...as you mentioned maybe on older cams. the adhesive method seems logical. the liquid method is like a slurry and unless thoroughly cleaned would leave some.

Schwany's gear list:Schwany's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow