Started May 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
compositor20
Senior MemberPosts: 1,560
Like?
best 24mm/28mm cheap and fast MF lens?
May 16, 2011

i have the olympus e-pl1 + vf-2 and i would like a MF with acceptable performance at f2.5 for low light at most

considering tamron adaptall 24mm f2.5; vivitar 24mm f2.0 or soligor 28mm f2.0

if someone has any of those i would like to know your opinion if they are acceptable at f2.5 (at f4 i believe they all are like our modern lenses)

what i find important

first: the least veiling haze wide open (spherical aberrations) or ghosting low contrast phenomen between high contrast transitions (my canon nFD 50mm f1.4 has it wide open and i cant stand so i only find it acceptable at F2 (people that have it can understand my standards here, which means acceptable at f2, very good at f2.4 and excellent at 2.8 and beyond)); could tell the aperture at which it disappears (if it only disappearas at f4 i wont buy)

second: resolution wide open (the one with biggest micro contrast i would like to know... if comparable to m.zuiko kit lens 14-42 at 2 and 5.6 i would be happy if it is wide open or at f2.5)

third: multi-coating for better flare resolution

fourth: low chromatic aberrations (i particularly dont like purple fringing but can withstand better the one that is of magenta/green kind)

things like vignetting and distortion dont matter to me...

Thanks for your help.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow