ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
peppermonkey
Senior MemberPosts: 2,589Gear list
Like?
Handled the new G3
May 15, 2011

Just a short note.

Went to the Henry's Photographic, Video and Digital Imaging Show today in Mississauga, Ontario (right by the border of Toronto).
They had the new G3 on hand so did get to play with it a bit. Nothing serious.

The smaller grip didn't feel weird at all. Actually, at least in my hands (I have rather small hands), it actually felt better/sturdier to hold than the GH2 they had beside it.

It's definitely feels smaller (compared to G2/GHx) as well and a good match size wise with the GF2 (as the GF1 was to the GH1).

Don't think many would care but looking at photos of the G3 before going to the show, I had a feeling I wouldn't like the look of it but for whatever reason it looked pretty good in real life. If I was in the market for another camera it would definitely be in the running.

As I thought, it was rather annoying that you have to toggle the EVF and LCD but I would get used to it if I had too since I do the same with my GF1 + LVF1.
And yes, the EVF does protrudes just as much as it looks in the photos.

As I mentioned, only looked at it for a couple of minutes so don't really have much else too say, sorry (well, except I sooo wish LVF1 was as good as the built in EVF of the G3...and G1, GH1, GH2).

-- hide signature --

Hubert

My cameras: GF1, TZ3, recently fixed (I think) Minolta Hi-Matic 7s, broken Konica Auto S2(couldn't fix, who the heck GLUES screws in??), K1000 and my wife's old K110D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peppermonkey/

peppermonkey's gear list:peppermonkey's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Pentax K110D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow