Lee Jay
Forum ProPosts: 44,043Gear list
Like?
Re: Even if you were right, you'd be wrong
In reply to Anders W, May 14, 2011

Anders W wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

The 5D kit would be way too powerful by comparison, so lets try:

Not at all. I am still waiting. Don't be afraid. Please suggest your 5D 1.7 kg kit par preference.

Depends on what I'd want to do there. I routinely go with my 24-105/4L IS and my Sigma 15mm fisheye. The 24-105 is as fast as your primes but far more flexible, the fish is wider, faster and better optically than the 7-14. If I really needed long-reach in a small package, there'd be no way to get something as effectively slow as the 45-200 so it would be bigger (and two stops faster, which is often important at the long end).

Canon T3

Inferior to the GH2 in most respects. Why would I want to use that instead of a GH2?

It has a far-superior viewfinder, autofocus system, and sensor, and it has video crop modes which can be really useful sometimes.

Tokina 10-17

Doesn't exist.

That's odd. I have one. And there's a picture of one on B&H's web site:

It's quite a nice lens. Very flexible. Twice as wide as the 7-14, but can be a rectilinear from around 13mm and up that's just as wide.

Tamron 18-270VC

Mediocre optically like most superzooms.

Actually, it's quite good, and I've used it myself on a high-pixel-count 1.6-crop camera. I was quite surprised.

Canon 50 1.8

No star optically. Cheap build. Not on a par with the Minolta MD 50/1.4.

And, on top of that, where's your equivalen to the Panasonic 20/1.7?

I was using the 50/1.8 for both, if you don't like that use the 35/2 and 85/1.8, both of which are superior, especially the 85/1.8 which is one of the fastest focusing lenses ever built. Very small and light, and I've owned and used both (still own the 85/1.8).

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon ELPH 500 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Nah,New
Ahh,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow