G3 heralds the end of APS-C DSLRs

Started May 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
gear1box
Contributing MemberPosts: 713Gear list
Like?
Re: Not really
In reply to Antonio Rojilla, May 14, 2011

Antonio Rojilla wrote:

Most of the photos he showed were shot at f/2 so you only need a f/1.4 lens to much them (remember that in a D7000 f/2 is like f/2.8 in FX). A m4/3 45, 50 or 60 mm f/1.4 lens may be coming sooner than later.

-- hide signature --

Antonio --

i truly don't understand your comment/thesis that there is some relationship between format and aperture rating, analogous, i guess to the field-of-view relationship among formats. From a lux density point of view, all lenses are equal at a given f stop in luminosity, irrespective of focal length or format.

Do you mean something else? Perhaps proportional circle-of-confusion (defocus) vs depth of field? That's fairly subtle concept, but maybe.

-- hide signature --

gary ray

--

Semi-professional in early 1970s; just a putzer since then. interests: historical sites, virginia, motorcycle racing. A nikon user more by habit than choice; still, nikon seems to work well for me.

gear1box's gear list:gear1box's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Nah,New
Ahh,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow