ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mustatirri
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
E-PL2 bokeh and lens cap?
May 14, 2011

Hi all!

I’m new to this forum and very novice in photographing but my wife and I would finally like to upgrade from our point and shoot system to better quality images but still keep the kit very compact.

After rambling all over the internet and this forum and learning about different kinds of mirrorless cameras I decided that e-pl2 might be the one that I'm looking for. I also considered NEX-5 but I’ll shoot only JPGs and my wife wants built in flash so there you go. Also the existence of IBIS will surely be good thing for novices like us. E-PL2 with 14-42mm kit lens is the cheapest to get here in Finland so we are going for that one.

But there are couples of questions where I still need answers.

If you want to have at least some kind of bokeh or blurry background with the e-pl2 with 14-42mm kit lens do you have to be a superb photographer or is it easily achievable by novice like me?

For example this picture http://www.flickr.com/photos/machnik80/5520249841/ is taken with the e-pl2 and 14-42mm kit lens. Is this kind of picture and bokeh/blurry background easy to shoot with 14-42mm lens or do you have to be very familiar with all the subtlety camera has to offer?

We are leaving next Saturday to Krakow and it would be great to get good pictures there with and without bokeh but I think that week isn’t enough for me to learn to use pl2 versatile enough. But wasn’t this camera supposed to be easy to newbies?

Another question is that is there any kind of lens hood or lens cap for kit lens? And what is good camera case for outdoor and in-bag protection? We are going to keep camera in my wifes purse whenever possible but even then it has to be protected somehow.
I'm planning to buy panasonic 20mm later on.
By the way, Finland-Sweden finale in World Ice Hockey Championships. Classic!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow