G3 heralds the end of APS-C DSLRs

Started May 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
Trevor G
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,473Gear list
Like?
Re: G3 heralds the end of APS-C DSLRs - Hardly...Nearly!
In reply to 453C, May 13, 2011

453C wrote:

All I'm asking for is a little perspective. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder about m43 being trashed by APS-C users.

Well, and all this time I thought that the G3 images looked better, but now you say it's really a psychological problem I have? Not even an optical problem, like short-sightedness??

Would you mind double-checking for me and confirming that it is just my imagination that the G3 OOC JPEGs are actually better in many areas than a cross-section of much more expensive, bigger-sensored APS-C cameras?

And you have never seen APS-C zealots claiming that that could never happen? Not even in dpreview?? I thought I had, but along with my psychological problem that must just be...

You realise that I am no longer a ยต4/3 user?

I use a Nikon D700 now but it's just a tool. I have no trouble giving credit where it is due, and the G3 and Panasonic sure deserve it for this set of test images in dpreview.

Why is it so hard for some to acknowledge how good this camera is? It is not the best camera in the world, but it sure is producing better looking images in some very important aspects, than cameras costing twice as much and more, with larger sensors.

Cheers

Trevor G

http://photo.computerwyse.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Nah,New
Ahh,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow