G3 heralds the end of APS-C DSLRs

Started May 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,487Gear list
Like?
Re: I understand, but I don't agree completely
In reply to Trevor G, May 13, 2011
  • First is not only G3, there are many other cameras, begining on the G1, G2, GF1, GF2, GH1 GH2, EP 1, EP 2, EPL 1, EPL 2 that have make a lot of people to change from slr into micro cameras (4/3)

• Second, people who don't feel the need for a small camera with high quality for sure will stay using slr cameras

The image quality is not all, people who have changed earlier into micro 4/3 have changed for other reasons

I have changed into micro 4/3 with Panasonic Lumix G system, cameras and lenses, and really don't feel the need any slr

I have been a pro for several years using some good pro slr, and I am happy with the quality, even with my first G1, now I have the GF1 and G2 with 4 lenses, and don't feel the need to buy a GH2 a GF2 or a G3

I prefer the size of the G2 and the camera in all compared to the G3 or GF2, hope Panasonic make a GF3 with the size and built quality of the GF1 (and with the dials), I understand that the smaller cameras will conquer some more people, but I prefer to have a good balance in size between the body and lenses

But I agree that these new smaller Panasonic Lumix cameras will conquer more people (size/quality) but it is not the begining of the slr cameras end, slr cameras will continue to sell well as micro 4/3

The G3 seems a very good camera but it is not an slr killer

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

God always take the simplest way.

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Nah,New
Ahh,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow