G3 heralds the end of APS-C DSLRs

Started May 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
Trevor G
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,473Gear list
Like?
Re: Gear Wars no - technical advances Yes
In reply to 453C, May 13, 2011

453C wrote:

Okay, enjoy the Triumph of the m43, or whatever this is about. All I'm saying (and several others here, btw) is there's a lot more to a successful camera system than a few JPEG studio shots .

Indoubtedly, that is true.

What is also true (and this is my major claim) is that the APS-C camp has consistently and noisily claimed that µ4/3 images could never be "better" than theirs. That now appears to be not the case any more. I love exceptions and technology break-throughs!

Now about those lenses...

Some lenses are better than none, I guess. There seem to be enough lenses around to produce better OOC JPEGS than from some very expensive APS-C DSLRs.

Still, if lenses are your problem, don't be persuaded by your eyes.

And, whatever you do, don't be persuaded by statistics which show µ4/3 eating into DSLR sales.

Of course, popularity is never a measure of quality, but you could at least look at some comparison samples for your own edification.

Let's face it, the G3 is better even than its stablemate, the much-vaunted GH2, in OOC JPEGs. Maybe a firmware revision for the G3 could fix that?

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Nah,New
Ahh,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow