G3 heralds the end of APS-C DSLRs

Started May 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
greg57
Regular MemberPosts: 323Gear list
Like?
Re: G3 heralds the end of APS-C DSLRs
In reply to Trevor G, May 13, 2011

Trevor G wrote:

I doubt that the G3 will outperform at RAW level...however in this thread we are just discussing in-camera JPEG performance, which is what the overwhelming majority of buyers use.

Yeah but... what kind of users are we talking about? Not that I want to discriminate but I mean if you include P&S upgraders or people who just want to take pictures at barbecues and family meals, then yes for sure the overwhelming majority uses ooc jpegs... but are we not, here, in the frame of more "serious" photography... that is, people who, with more or less success, have decided to dedicate themselves to photography, either as a profession, an art or an advanced hobby - and therefore want to make the best out of their pictures? Except for some professionals who exposes all their pictures properly and/or have to produce so much volume that they have no time for postprocessing, I think you'll find that RAW users are quite a number. Are we not talking about an enthusiast camera? Indeed you might be somehow right and this then raises some market positioning issues...

-- hide signature --

Gregory Dziedzic

greg57's gear list:greg57's gear list
Pentax K-5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Nah,New
Ahh,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow