G3 heralds the end of APS-C DSLRs

Started May 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
Trevor G
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,460Gear list
Like?
Re: Nah ...but we are discussing the G3, not the G1
In reply to nick_webster, May 13, 2011

nick_webster wrote:

As a previous owner of a D300 and current G1 owner there are situations where the D300 is so far better than the G1 that it isn't funny. Sports shooting for instance. I will bet you a large sum of money that the G3 will still be inadequate for some types of photography compared with any SLR.

Funny thing about the G1 - I sold mine because it lacked in most areas except size when compared to my APS-C DSLRs.

Compared to my D700 it would be a waste of time for what I now shoot, especially in low light.

But this thread is all about the G3, which is vastly superior in its JPEG output. Enjoy your G1 while you can, but it is now well and truly superceded, JPEG in-camera-wise.

Let's face it, the overwhelming majority of buyers of interchangeable lens cameras still rely on JPEG output.

So no the end isn't nigh for APS cameras, though if it makes you happy to think that is the case then far be it from me to disillusion you,

The end as far as superior noise and detail performance in OOC JPEGs. I think I said that in the original post.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Nah,New
Ahh,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow