ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brockkrytonphotographycom
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Color Calibrating with Spyder 3 Print SR and Printing with Epson 3800
May 13, 2011

Hey all,

I have a 21" imac that I purchased a couple of years ago along with an Epson Stylus Pro 3800. I recently purchased Spyder Studio SR and have since calibrated my monitor and made profiles, but have been unsuccessful in achieving accurate prints. Here is my process:

I turned color management off in photoshop as well as my printer when printing targets. I printed 4 target pages on 8.5x11 glossy epson paper which was the "expert" way of doing it. I stripped the 729 swatches (or whatever it was) in, saved my profile, then tried my test print.

When I went to print I was printing a photo in an Adobe RGB color space. I told photoshop to manage colors, picked my new profile, then picked Relative Colorimetric then turned Black Point compensation off.

When the Print dialog boxes came up, I went to Print Settings picked my paper media of choice (glossy), then i turned it off the automatic mode and clicked advanced settings which allowed me to pick speed, etc.

From there I turned color management (in the printer) to off.

My print came out horrible. It was dark and the colors were off.

I'm stumped. Can someone please help me?

Thank you

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow