Started May 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tom Caldwell
Forum ProPosts: 18,042
Like?
Not too bad - 12th September 2008
May 12, 2011

That is the date Panasonic announced their G1 - the G3 hits the announcement button on 12 May 2011. Three years is a long time in digital camera world. dpreview says Panasonic seem to be trying to work out whether EVIL type camera owners want to be treated as dummies or whether they are truly a sophisticated lot. (My paraphrasing).

The G3 looks like a quite compelling camera. Glad I didn't buy a G1.

Makes buying a GXR body look sweet. Ricoh got the body part worked out in one and we just buy modules. I think I know what might be the cheaper road in the long run.

Might hang on for the G6 ... it is rumoured that the (Panasonic) G10 will be quite something else though ...

However no touch screen or flip screen for your Ricoh and of course no evf built in.

I can manage to survive without them of course, really I can, really truly truly ....

Some schmick lenses for the smaller format cameras will soon sort out who wants to be a dummy and who needs a sophisticated EVIL camera to replace their dslr.

Now that is a more original thought.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell
I am always trying ...

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow