ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Benna78
Regular MemberPosts: 198
Like?
Canon 100 f2.8 Macro Non USM...strange focusing problems
May 12, 2011

Hello,

I just received a second hand canon EF 100 f2.8 Macro (the first non USM version).

The lens is in mint conditions, but it has a strange focusing behaviour on my 5D II.

When I first tried it at infinity (I shot a building about 100 m in front of my window) wide open, I thought "wow it's so soft!!", but actually the lens was front focusing.

Then I also tried it wide open at short but non macro distance (I'd say about 50 cm from the lens) shooting at three batteries with tiny writings on them and the central one was perfectly OK and I didn't notice any ff (or bf)...

Well then I corrected at +18/+20 (still have to decide if it makes any difference!!) and the infinity shot was OK (very sharp also wide open), but strangely the short distance shot seems OK as well...of course all shots were taken from a tripod with MLU ans self timer.

Is it possible??

-- hide signature --

Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say... no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh... depended on the breaks.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow