Started May 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
markgv
Regular MemberPosts: 104Gear list
Like?
South Mountain Bike Ride w/ K-x and F35-70
May 12, 2011

Took a 12 mile bike ride today from home in Middletown, MD up to South Mountain, site of a Civil War battle. Just took my K-x with the F 35-70 lens. I was partly just seeing what could be done with the lens. All in all, it is a very nice lens, especially considering I paid about $20 for it. I wish it were a bit sharper, but I have not applied any sharpening in the pics below. As I was getting back home, the light was becoming gorgeous, as you hopefully you can see. Kind of a mix of pics, but it is a bit of a narrative of my ride. Thanks for looking!
Some explanations and highlights:
You have to be looking to find the monument...

This pic is simply to provide the story behind the monument, but you can see the wall upon which he stood in the background.

Remains of the stone wall

These horses (and the black angus) were beautiful as the light was starting to glow.

Showing off the macro capability of the F35-70

markgv's gear list:markgv's gear list
Pentax K-x Pentax K-30 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow