d5000 help with external flash under $120 possible ways?

Started May 11, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
serendipity4u
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
d5000 help with external flash under $120 possible ways?
May 11, 2011

Hi

Please could anyone recommend what items a newbie girl would need for a 3rd party off camera flash unit or units to work on a D5000 for under $120

Preferably in manual mode non ttl (i seen post relating to strobist way and that sounds really interesting)- the cheapest possible is definitely my only route as i am just starting out

I just dont want to forget anything and I have read many posts relating to this but I think I am just confusing myself before I purchase with the choices from the posts

my absolute budget is $120( I know this is very tight) but this is only so I can begin learning about off camera lighting as saving for a more comprehensive system like the mentioned nikon sb600 etc, as will take me many months

Im currently a newbie to the DSLR world and got a Nikon D5000 with the twin lens 18-55/ 55-200mm kit for christmas, I also have the tamron 90mm AF lens on order as my main aim is to move into discovering more about the world of macro photography.

After the purchase of my tamron lens, the bank balance is on a crazy tight budget.

I have looked at the array of lighting and speedguns options and although it seems my d5000 is limited in what choices i make i have read that i still have options, and i just want to make sure i chose the correct kit before I buy

I have been reading and getting some excellent advice from this forum for many months now. I have realised from the tips on here that I still have a very long way to go on research but I am loving how interesting and exciting photography can b

Thanks for any advice it really will help me

cheryl

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow