Started May 10, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Parasin
Regular MemberPosts: 176Gear list
Like?
Westman Islands with E-3 & 11-22mm
May 10, 2011

Some shots from my trip to Westman Islands last week.

First 4 images are from the Volcano which erupted in 1973, causing permanent migration of around 1700 inhabitants - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eldfell

The soil is still warm, reminding us of a nearly 4 decades old disaster:

On the third night of my stay I've noticed red skies lit by the setting sun.

The light was gone by the time I got to a location I wanted to shoot & even 60s long exposure (while literally hanging on my tripod due to heavy front wind) still didn't create an appropriate exposure.

I could crank up the ISO, but I usually try to avoid it with longer shutter speeds:

On our way back with the ferry on Sunday evening, we saw some nice skies, naturally diffused by the late light:

Once we returned to the mainland, we got to see some spectacular, fast moving clouds as a sign of things to come:

We were heading into splashes of rain and violent side winds & later also fog... Not the most pleasant 500km of driving back to the East coast of Iceland.

Any comments are welcome.

Nikolas

-- hide signature --

Nature produces the most beautiful Art.

Parasin's gear list:Parasin's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus E-400 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow