Started May 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Island Golfer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,644
Like?
Is lens sharpness king?
May 9, 2011

Let’s face it; every lens produced has some weak point to talk about. But, really, what is the performance factor that most convinces you to plunk down your money on a new lens? Is flare what bothers you most? Is it chromatic aberration? Is it barrel distortion? Maybe it’s light falloff. Or, bokeh? I mean, of course, you worry about each of these factors to some extent. But, how much do you worry about them? What is the primary factor you look to first? For me, for instance, I want pinpoint sharpness first and foremost. Then, I start looking at the other factors. Often, I am willing to overlook poorer performance in other areas if the result I get is a tack sharp image. On the hand, if a lens isn’t producing sharp images, I don’t much care about looking to the other performance factors. I’m wondering how others feel; and if this enters into a lens manufacturer’s thought pattern when deciding in what areas they will compromise.
--
truview

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow