Started May 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
carnaga
Regular MemberPosts: 301Gear list
Like?
HS20Exr settings comparison - photo gallery
May 9, 2011

I created settings comparison gallery for a simple reason: to find out the settings that suites my taste with minimalistic 'after editing' - focusing to those settings I need to use. It helped me dramatically -- to see clearly how the cam reacts with different setups.

I just thought to share this with you + if someone finds it helpful:
http://carnaga.wippiespace.com/HS20exr/

I bought HS20EXR one week ago to replace my deceased Canon Powershot S3 IS. With HS20EXR I've been taking hundreds of shots (playing around every second I have free time) to figure out the cameras settings, functions and performance to get what I need. I've even tried to follow different set-ups given in these forums but most of them didn't work for me -- I have my personal taste of pictures with high contrast and deep colour world.

Any ways the shots looked awesome in HS20EXR bright LCD screen but when I plugged them to my computer display, the reality struck back really hard regarding colours, contrast and brightness. In the end I had to manually correct every single picture I've taken. To avoid this I firstly needed to lower the HS20 LCD screen brightness and secondary, get familiar with the variety of different settings.

carnaga's gear list:carnaga's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow