What's wrong with my D7000 shutter and live view focus???

Started May 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
monkeyrpn
Regular MemberPosts: 105
Like?
What's wrong with my D7000 shutter and live view focus???
May 8, 2011

Hi all,

I just bought myself a new D7000 yesterday! I was so excited.... but when I started playing with it, i noticed that the shutter is REEEEALLY slow... I jacked up the shutter speed... but it still has a lag. It's not snappy like my S5Pro or my Dad's D90. I've been testing in indoors, I have it on Manual mode, f2.8, ISO2500 and the shutter up to 1/320. The resulting photo is exposed correct... I assume the shutter did fire at 1/320s. But the lack of snappi-nest is making me uncomfortable... like I have to hold the camera super still cause it "sounds" so slow. What am I doing wrong? Is this a matter of settings, firmware, or do I just have to get use to it?

Second problem, I tried the camera in live view mode.... it will back focus, then when I refocused by half pressing the shutter, it focuses in the front, then the more I try to refocus, the more out of focus it gets! I have tried different focusing mode and it's the same result~

Please help... I really want to like this camera......

-- hide signature --

M.K.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/monkeyrpn/

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow