Started May 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cmantx
Senior MemberPosts: 1,305Gear list
Like?
help with lighting issue for hummingbird photography
May 7, 2011

i have one hvl 42 am flash unit. ive used it off camera wireless, in manual mode to freeze the wings and get better DOF, to take bettter hummingbird photos. i feel i need more than one flash to get better coverage and freeze motion and possibly reduce ghosting effects.i would like to expand to more flashes each year. i want to add one now well before the fall migration. i have a limited budget. what is the best way to accomplish this? i've read about sync cords, slaves, wireless slaves, i'm unsure how they work and which i should use. i was thinking i could just add a flash and continue to use the internal flash(wireless) to trigger the existing flash unit and the new one. however, wouldn't this mean i would need to get another sony flash instead of a less expensive third-party flash? even if i did get another sony flash would they both fire at exactly the same time? any help/advice is appreciated.

cmantx's gear list:cmantx's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A500 Sony SLT-A57 Sony a77 II Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow