Started May 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mmistrz
Regular MemberPosts: 100
Like?
cx5 happy but noise...
May 7, 2011

For some time I have the cx5 and am generally happy, but found occasionally some pictures very noisy like this. It is low ISO so I have no clue why. I've noticed that it is out of focus, does it have any bearing on noise?

Any explanation or suggestions welcome. By the way, it was on NR but now I set it off. MOst photos are good.

A few words on this camera.

I had almost all models since cx1 and always praised them. This one is definitely an improvement and mainly on the speed of getting ready to shoot. However this speed before it beeps to tell me that it is ready to shoot, depends on the circumstances. It seems that the darker or more difficult conditions the longer it takes. In practice the speed is slow when you need it most. So the claimed response time of 200ms is the laboratory or the optimal not the slowest in practice.

I still like this camera but perhaps no more Ricoh, I want now much better picture quality, more control. So I seek the newer generation sensor cmos and not more than 10Mp with speed and diaphragm manual setting, RAW pictures , large sensor, a bit more sensitivity and all the gooddies of the cx5. Separate viewfinder is also necessary for a more ambitious camera. Cx5 is the first in this series, it works absolutely trouble free except the noise above mentioned.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow