Started May 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kaybsteve
Senior MemberPosts: 1,144
Like?
walkabout with the 580exII and better beamer...first go
May 7, 2011

after asking so many Qs here today i tried it out. i am impressed to have fill lighting to lift the shadows and i can see iridescence off the feathers i had not seen before. overall, i do not struggle against backlit situations so much and the shadow noise associated with it. here are some and if you have any suggestions please do...i am still trying to figure this whole thing out...thanks....

600D 100-400l 1.4xtcIII (MF sometimes LV AF) 580exII BB

first time i see an asian pacific swallow perched and up close

here is a baby eagle. we left as we waited too long for the parent to come home. poor chap, basking in the sun with its tongue occasionally sticking out..i will be back for more...

this one i have seen so many time but never wanted to shoot it as it had always been one whole black bird. i decided t give it a go...i cannot believe the iridescence the BB fill light could render. this asian glossy starling will not be in my no shoot list anymore

don't know what to call this bird...

early morning while waiting for a chance to shoot eagles in flight, this very familiar dove came along next to the beach...

a lovely pair of green doves..

finally, before i called it a day an opportunity arose and i decided to try what i've read about freezing hummingbirds with x sync. this one is a sunbird...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow