ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rtf
rtf
Regular MemberPosts: 256Gear list
Like?
Image "split in two" on camera LCD.
May 4, 2011

Hi there. Strange thing happened last week. While reviewing some images on my D200's LCD screen, I noticed that one image appeared to be "split in two" with the upper half of the image out of alignment with the lower half.
The image would not transfer to NX2 so I deleted it from the card.

I have taken around 200 shots since then with the same card, to see what would happen, without any problems. The card is a Sandisk 8GB.

I have plenty CF cards so I will probably avoid using this card again, (assuming the card caused the problem).
Anyone had a similar problem when using their D200?.

On the subject of the D200, for my portraits I tend to go for iso 100, medium low contrast, colour mode 2, and saturation enhanced, using NX2. This gives me a skin tone that I really like.

I would like to buy a second body and it would be nice to upgrade, but it would appear that the more recent Nikon's reproduce colour with more saturation?.

Am I right to say that the newer sensors provide a different look, colour wise, than the D200?.

For those of you that have upgraded to the newer Nikon's from a D200, can you tell me if I would be able to reproduce my D200 skin tones with any of the newer camera's?. It would be nice to upgrade and take advantage of all the new features, but I would buy another D200 rather than lose my "D200 look".
Your feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you.
RTF.

rtf's gear list:rtf's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow