Started May 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Higuma
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,418
Like?
CF reader for the iPad...
May 4, 2011

Just a quick update for fellow shooters who use CF cards but were stung by the IOS4 update that disabled CF reader access to the iPad...

About 3 weeks ago I ordered the Compact Flash Camera Connection Kit dongle that was on offer from MICgadget in HK... I missed the first batch order by about 25 orders but today I received my dongle in the mail after the dispatch of the second batch late last week...

I am happy to report that this dongle works perfectly ... plug in a CF card, plug the dongle into my iPad, open photos and import... NO hassles, NO power use warnings, quick transfer times...

Transfer of NEF raw files were seamless and without hiccups... Did not try Jpg as I am sure that they are no problems - nice that even the iPad1 will fully display, zoom etc., NEF files as well...

Highly recommend this for people who are looking for a way to import from a CF card to iPad....

NOTE: My iPad2 is not due for arrival here in Japan for another 10 days or so and I was a little skeptical when reading that this dongle was designed for the iPad2 but was reported as backwards compatible with the original iPad.. The aforementioned test results were using my original iPad so it appears the reports were correct and it will function with both models...

No affiliation with the aforementioned Vendor except that I am a satisfied customer...
--
Cheers...

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow