From dslr to E-PL2 - disappointed ?

Started Apr 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
rkeller
Senior MemberPosts: 1,066
Like?
Re: agree with you
In reply to art1sta, May 3, 2011

Well, you DID respond to my post initially.

E-Pl1 is selling for, what, $400 now? You simply cannot match the image quality with a DSLR and kit lens at twice the price. I've shot events against photogs with full-frame cameras high-end lenses and for the vast majority, I'll put my photos against theirs any day of the week. DLSR users regularly ask me how I get the image quality I do.

On my Olympus, IBIS works great, Focus is accurate, resolution and sharpness is superior.

But, by all means, stick with your bulky expensive dinosaur!

Rik

art1sta wrote:

My post was in response to ezra

But I will comment yours!

yes focal length etc was different but it does not excuse the camera...
You buy a EPL2 for (in my case) 640 euros with kit lens
YOU GET:
Dreadful IBIS
Slowish focusing and difficult to know if it focused correctly and on target
Sluggish camera
Below average video
No OIS

You buy a currant DSLR for +- the same price you get the exact opposite, better choice of lens and in general nicer image quality. The only advantage it has over a DSLR is size but put a long lens on your EP system and there is no advantage.

If you want your EPxx to work as it should you need a Panasonic OIS lens and an EVF so add another 700 euros to the bill totaling something like 1300 euros. If you need that sort of money to correct a flawed camera then you might as well go for something else.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow