Started May 2, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ozarktroutfisher
Contributing MemberPosts: 523
Like?
HX5V Setup for Concerts
May 2, 2011

After spending way too much time comparing models, I just ordered an HX5V for my daughter to use primarily for concerts. She is almost 15 and has a Nikon D5000, but of course can't take that into most concerts.

I wanted the Canon S95 or Olympus XZ-1 BADLY but finally decided there wasn't sufficient zoom range unless she is seated close. I read what I could and saw some pretty good pics from a local guy that uses one for concerts and was as impressed as I could be for a small sensor camera.

OK so no regrets at the time, but I'd like some feedback on initial settings from some of you concert goers. I'm a Nikon SLR guy and frankly know very little about the Sony PS models. I did get to play with one for about 20 minutes and really liked the way it felt and responded. The camera arrives Wednesday and she has a concert Saturday and I'll not even be home at least one night; so I'll have very little time to play with settings before she uses it.

Just anything like what ISO to not exceed based on experience, typical WB setting (Auto??), etc.

Thanks for any advice or feedback.

Keith

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow