What is the best HDR software?

Started Apr 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
JustFred
Senior MemberPosts: 1,503
Like?
Re: Also like HDR Efx Pro
In reply to Kendall Helmstetter Gelner, May 2, 2011

Depends how you use it. Photomatix that is. You can create cartoonish images with it but also very natural looking images. It's all in the sliders my man. You can use them subtly or heavy handedly.
cheers
Fred

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner wrote:

Autoxave wrote:

Yes, from what I have seen so far from Photmatrix the images looks kinda cartoonish. Watched the demo of Nik HDR Efex Pro and those images wasn´t cartoonish. Guess I have to try the HDR Efex Pro.

I just wanted to echo that I also found HDR Efx Pro to give more realistic looking HDR, plus I really like the way it provides a list of default settings that you can quickly review for desired effect (you can have the really strong HDR effect images from it also if you like).

There's also a plugin for Aperture or Photoshop or Lightroom.

One tip with any Nik software is that if you do plan to buy it, make sure to sign up for a Webinar on the Nik website covering that software. When the webinar is over, you usually get a 10-15% discount code for the software they covered in the webinar. Nik stuff is already kind of expensive, anything you can do to reduce the cost is good!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow