Started May 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dan Tong
Contributing MemberPosts: 585Gear list
Like?
Member Gallery Still does not allow manual sorting
May 1, 2011

It is more than a year that my request for the ability to re-sort images was posted. I was asked what possible reason would anyone wish for this feature and I posted my answer.

I should not have been surprised that anyone who needs to ask such a question would not take any answer very seriously. After all what possible sequence would anyone wish for other than sorting:

by titles from A-Z
by titles from Z-A
by dates starting from most recent
by dates starting from oldest

Apparently no one would ever possibly wish to sort by image appearance which is not associated with image date or title.

What is even more surprising is that no other photographer appears to want this feature.

Today, most web galleries also allow you to sort your images manually with the exception of DPreview. Even if you somehow manage to upload your images sorted just the way you want them, if you have a new image that you wish to add to your image sequence anyplace but at the very end you will have your work cut out for you.

In the otherwise excellent and cost-free DPreview Galleries currently, the only way to change the order of a single image is to delete the entire album and then upload a series of images one by one in order to swap 1 or more image positions.

Please add your name to this posting if you also find manual sorting of images to be very useful.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Tong's gear list:Dan Tong's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Sony RX100 Canon PowerShot S110 Sony RX100 II Canon PowerShot S120 +16 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow