camera lens balance... t3i, 60D, 7D w/ 70-200 f4LIS

Started May 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Senior MemberPosts: 8,277Gear list
Like?
Re: camera lens balance... t3i, 60D, 7D w/ 70-200 f4LIS
In reply to dougr, May 1, 2011

I have 5D that size/weight is similar to 7D, 1D3 and 60D, and have the same lens 70-200L/4.0 IS. If weight is not a matter, 1D3 with the lens feel the best in hands as 1D3 have two hand grids, vertical grid is particular good. I don't like 5D's handling (5D2 probably is better) and feel a bit of pain after hours of usage because of way it designed. 60D overall probably the best, very comfortable and surprisingly deep grid design. Relative light and small body but not too small/light compared to Rebel. I feel very comfortable with 70-200L/4.0 lens on 60D, no pain of entire usage. If you read enough virtually everyone appraises 60D's handling and appreciate it's right size/weight between 550D and 7D. Nevertheless I don't think it's a big deal no matter which one you choose among three. You should choose the model on you priorities/needs and I believe you can handle either one without an issue. I have not heard much complaints of handling in all three models mentioned here.

qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow