Started May 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
msjhaffey
Senior MemberPosts: 1,337Gear list
Like?
Noise in photos - reasonable?
May 1, 2011

A friend of mine has employed a photographer for her wedding. A few days ago the photographer did an e-shoot.

When I saw the pictures, they looked wrong to me. The composition is generally excellent and the photographer clearly established good rapport with the couple. However, I managed to get my hands on one of the photographs and it looked grainy. When I zoomed in, I saw a lot of noise. Here's a 100% crop.

To me, this looks very noisy. There are similar issues with the other photos, shot at ISO 400 to ISO 2000.

Am I being too picky? I need an honest opinion. I have a Nikon D700 which has excellent high ISO performance and am concerned that I have become complacent about its performance and perhaps am being unfair on this photographer who is using another brand.

OTOH, if this is unacceptable, I want to speak to the couple (or perhaps on their behalf to the photographer) to get the matter sorted out before the wedding.

Your advice would be welcome.

-- hide signature --
 msjhaffey's gear list:msjhaffey's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow