Started May 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mark3000
Regular MemberPosts: 237
Like?
X100 - Un-intuitive?
May 1, 2011

This thing is really frustrating me. I use Canon 5D's professionally and haven't really had to look at the manual at all. If only the same were true for this X100.

I've never had to ask what some may deem trivial questions before but, even after trawling the manual, I still can't seem to work some things out. Program Shift. Does it work? Do I have to be in a particular configuration? According to p.23 of the manual, provided shutter and aperture are in "A", I am in Program Mode. So far so good. However, no matter how I twiddle the awkward Command Control and eventually get it to physically move, the displayed shutter speed and aperture just won't change (although I do get a beep). The Command Dial won't program shift either.

Secondly, after trying to customise the "Display Custom Setting" options, the level finder disappeared from the OVF/EVF and, even though I've now reselected every option to be displayed in every mode, it won't reappear (neither, for that matter, will the gridlines)

Finally, and as an aside, what was with the convoluted Firmware update process? Transfer Firmware to memory card, put card in camera, update Firmware. Done. Why did I have to download a transfer program (that I ended up not using), click on an agreement to actually display the files, even though the long-winded description never actually told you to do this, and trawl through a mass of gibberish?

There may very well be simple explanations but, the mere fact that I don't seem to be able to figure these things out for myself, tell me things are far more complicated than they need to be.
--
Mark

http://www.lucasphotography.co.uk

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow