ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BradM73
Regular MemberPosts: 215
Like?
1st Attempt @ D7000 Startrails
May 1, 2011

iHello all,

I am currently in Titusville, FL patiently waiting for the launch of the space shuttle Endeavor, and though we were a bit disappointed on Friday that the launch got scrubbed, I'd rather wait a few extra days for the crew to be safe! Friday night, the sky around Titusville was relatively clear and so I decided to try my first long exposure star trails shot.

I am located just on the other side of the new causeway bridge to Merritt Island Wildlife Reserve and decided to frame up some of the campers who decided to wait it for a few more days for the next launch attempt. I set up the camera and used the ML-L3 remote to trigger bulb mode, then headed off to get a bite to eat. I have no idea how long the shutter remained open, as when I returned, the camera was already processing the Noise Reduction, so I assume there must be a maximum time the lens can be open???

This was shot with my D7000 and the Tokina 11-16mm wide-angle lens. I hope the EXIF data was saved with the image, but if not, please let me know and I'll be happy to post it as soon as I get time. I did make a few adjustments in Photoshop, mainly to lower the exposure a bit and bring out more contrast between the sky and stars. I would greatly appreciate any comments and constructive criticism and hope you enjoy the photos as much as I did making it!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow