Hx9 owners, your honest response greatly appreciated.

Started Apr 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
Keith
Senior MemberPosts: 1,854
Like?
Re: Hx9 vs HX5 - getting another HX5 ?
In reply to Werbs, May 1, 2011

Werbs wrote:

Another vote for the HX5V here. I bought the HX9V and sent it back. I have heard that some of the HX5V cameras were made in China rather than Japan. I have the Japan version, and I am very pleased with it. I do not like the user interface on the HX9V. To much hidden for me. I have 2 Sony DSLR'S and if I want to play with settings I will use them.

Werbs

Love my HX5V compared to my TZ7 (GPS, HDR, Pano, Low-light, size, etc...) but unfortunately it's not working well anymore, zoom lever notably. It was made in China, odd that some would be made in China and others in Japan. Anyway I need to replace it and I was looking at the HX9 but it's bulkier andI have zero interest in 16Mp images and can live with an inferior LCD. The 3D would have been cool I guess...at $199 from Amazon (I think it had dropped to $185 at one point) the HX5V seems to be hard to beat. I'd tried the Canon with GPS, but the pictures were terribly bad.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow