Started Apr 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
finlemad
Forum MemberPosts: 83Gear list
Like?
adding text to an image
Apr 30, 2011

I had a customer last week ask me to add some text to each of several images. I spent a couple of hours searching here, but nothing jumped out at me. Spent some time in my Kelby books, but didn't see anything there. Currently have Elements 8, Lightroom 2.7, and CS4, plus the programs that came with my XTI.

I wound up saving his e-mailed pictures to my desktop, importing them into PowerPoint 2010, resizing the photo, adding the text, and saving them as a jpeg. The pictures had had all the background removed before I got them, I am sure there is a term for that.

Originally I put the text right on the picture but it had been croppped so close that it was real difficult. When I (finally) put the text in the box above the picture where it belonged, it was a breeze. Right-clicking on the picture only allowed me to save the picture or the text, not both. I used FILE> SAVE AS to save both together. It turned out good, and the client was happy.

OK, the learning curve was steep, but the process was simple once I figured it out. Could I have done this more easily in CS4?

Finn

finlemad's gear list:finlemad's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +9 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow