If shooting at f/22, is a fast 1.8 lens still considered fast?

Started Apr 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
HSway
Senior MemberPosts: 2,638
Like?
Excuse my humble remark gents
In reply to edwardaneal, Apr 29, 2011

but I too think it is one of factors that plays the role, perhaps one of the most important ones. And I base it solely on my empirical experience shooting low light n low contrast scenes. My last and rather striking observation was made on Tokina 11-16/2.8 shot side by side the Sigma 8-16 on same body, same moment (d7000) which is very dark in over lapping range f5- 5.6. While Sigma’s behavior was an unpleasant find for me I was ready to accept. It’d mean I have to take adjusted measures shooting the lens in low contrast conditions which in uwa shooting is mostly possible. Not like it does not matter with the uwas as I hear sometimes (the precise focus). I had 4 copies and there were all the same in this respect. Tokina is just a joy in use in comparison, reliable. - AF &LV alike.

I now say something less technical: I just felt in my gut it is because of the light the Tokina was visibly working with.

Hynek

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
f16New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow