BlackRapid and Sun-Sniper strap reliability (or rather camera mount )

Started Mar 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
WaltKnapp
Forum ProPosts: 13,644
Like?
Re: BlackRapid and Sun-Sniper strap reliability (or rather camera mount )
In reply to f8BeThereToo, Apr 29, 2011

MrMojo wrote:

You mean the rubber end that loops through the camera lug? Wow... I used some of my Optech straps for years doing PJ and outdoor photography and that part of the strap hardly even looks worn, although I tried to make a habit of regularly checking Just In Case. If any part of an Optech strap is going to break, it will be there...

Perhaps the newer Optechs aren't built as well as they were 25 years ago...

You must carry some very heavy gear and/or abuse those straps to break them so quickly.

The newer ones are thin 1/4" nylon webbing, not rubber or coated. And on my Sony a700s loop through a ring eyelet that's plastic padded and attaches to the actual lug. The connectors I use are the Pro loop connectors, the 3/8" webbing connectors are too big to fit on the right side where I have a wrist strap as well.

I only use the Optech on smaller lenses, which means it's way below the 15lb rating. Yes I am a field biologist and the gear gets to come along, brush, swamps and all as most of my photography is out there. I'm very careful with the gear. And of course I regularily check the gear.

Walt

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow