HP LP2475w 24" versus ASUS PA246Q Monitors

Started Apr 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
Varjohaltia
Regular MemberPosts: 115Gear list
Like?
Re: HP LP2475w 24" versus ASUS PA246Q Monitors
In reply to Simon Garrett, Apr 29, 2011

Thanks for a very good thread so far!

I just got the Asus and upgraded from my Spyder 2 to a Spyder 3 pro since I now have a multi monitor setup, one of which is wide gamut... But I'm having a really hard time getting the calibration right. So far my best luck is setting the monitor into "Adobe RGB" mode, with "native" for the brightness and temperature. I end up adjusting brightness somewhere in the neighborhood of 17 once the Spyder software starts doing its thing. (I want wide gamut for use with photo editing destined to inkjets). Considering that supposedly the Asus is really well calibrated to begin with, the difference between the "out-of-the-box" results (with the ICC profile downloaded from Asus) and the Spyder 3 Pro calibration is pretty huge, with the Spyder 3 profile looking distinctly green to me.

Any tips on what mode or settings I should be using to get the calibration right?

Varjohaltia's gear list:Varjohaltia's gear list
Nikon D300 Olympus PEN E-P2 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow