s95: how does it do with kids -and indoor photography?

Started Apr 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ellumination
Forum MemberPosts: 87
Like?
s95: how does it do with kids -and indoor photography?
Apr 28, 2011

Hello,

I am tired of either carrying my too large dSLR of incapable P&S camera, so I am looking for the best 'enthusiast compact camera' as my 'always nearby' one.

So I am seriously eyeing the s95 because of the good quality in such a small package.

However, remarks about its speed, poor battery life, High contrast fringing... and worry that the -compaired to competitors Panasonic LX5 and Olympus XZ-1- not so bright lens make the s95 perform less at my key photo areas Taking pics of my active kid and indoor photography. Apart from being an alround performer.

Ofcourse, I know that each compact is a trade-off and i don't expect dSLR quality low-light results or blinding fast shutter speeds... but at least a solid performer that i can carry always with me and give me enough photographic punch.

So i would love to hear/see you experiences with the s95 in the above mentioned key areas... and by all means.. do play Devil's Advocate if you think one of the other (and less portable) cameras would suit me better.

Thank you and i am looking forward to reading your input

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow