Please update me: micro4/3 12-60mm lens ???

Started Apr 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
StephenL
Senior MemberPosts: 1,099Gear list
Like?
Re: 14-54 and GH2
In reply to Winston Loo, Apr 28, 2011

I have the GH2 with the Oly 14-54 Mk2, and it's pretty good. Fast enough focus for me, but then I don't shoot much action. And as regards the IS, well, I don't really miss it. I've had it on other cameras and it's not all it's cracked up to be. There's no substitute for doing it the way I did it 50 years ago - dial in a high shutter speed and adopt a professional stance! (without the fag in your mouth!).

Winston Loo wrote:

Robiro wrote:

Just realized. It is not image stabilized, the Olympus. I would have no image stabilization on GH2.

That rules it out, I guess.

Actually in practice, this doesnt seem to be an issue (unless you have shaky hands). With the 1 to 1 1/3 stops wider aperture, you can shoot at faster shutter speeds .. negating the need for OIS.. I have a GH2 and 14-54 Mk I (not the Mk II) and although it takes 1-2 seconds to AF, its usable and I dont have issues that I need OIS...

StephenL's gear list:StephenL's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow